State Brass Foundry & Machine
Our Foundry, located in the heart of Salt Lake City, Utah, features both sand and centrifugal casting equipment, as well as machining capabilities.
We can pour all types of metals, including the following:
Our centrifugal casting equipment can provide both vertical and horizontal castings.
- Stainless Steel
- Cast Iron
- Bronze Alloys
- Casting capacities up to:
- Iron: 1,500+ lbs.
- Brass: 3,500 lbs.
- Aluminum: 1,200 lbs.
- Vertical castings range from 50 inches long, down to 3 inches for smaller casts.
- Our horizontal caster can cast up to 65 inches outer diameter, 5-6 inches thick.
- Two centrifugal spin casting machines Horizontal Centrifugal up to 72” o.d.
- Two no-bake molding lines (new state-of-the-art equipment)
- Green sand molding
- Shell core molding
Some of our frequent castings include such things as:
We can design and cast a variety of items on a custom basis.
- Industrial brake drums for heavy equipment
- Parts for water reclamation equipment
- Parts for mining equipment
- Parts for oil drilling equipment.
- Parts for power generators
- Parts for fish pumps for fish farming and harvesting
- Parts for airport Jetways
- Spun bronze bushings
- Lead weights & counterweights for X-ray machines.
- Miscellaneous knickknacks, such as:
- Bronze chess sets
- Replacement parts for wood burning stoves
- Feet for claw-foot bathtubs
- Plates for car clubs
Experience and state-of-the-art technology allow our pattern makers to skillfully make any type of pattern. Whether starting from a detailed drawing or using a sample piece, we can accommodate your pattern requests.
Call us today and let us help you with your casting needs.
We also perform machine-shop services.
Please see our Machine Shop page.